Temporary access roads
Musthane® designs and manufactures patented access mats.
Their objective is to improve the stability of areas that are not very viable like tidal zones, beaches, muddy or sandy areas... This new original temporary road mat combines polymers, composites and innovative technical textiles. It allows to exceed the performances of metallic or plastic mats.
More than 4 years of research and development, resulting in the filing of several patents, have been necessary to develop effective access roads to improve the tactical performance of armed forces and our customers.
Some types of access roads exist, Musthane proposes you the following ones:
- Access road for pedestrian and vehicles: these mats are installed on beaches. They have several functions: facilitating access to beaches for people with reduced mobility, allowing boats to be brought back to the sea, etc.
- Aircraft recovery mat : these access mats are used to bring back a crashed aircraft on the runway
- Beach access mat: these temporary roadway roads ensure the stability of heavy vehicles in tidal areas
- Maintenance mat for vehicle: these access mats are used by military forces to ensure the maintenance of vehicles in hostile areas.
- Temporary roadway mats: these temporary roadway mats improve the stability of the ground for : the mining sector, the industrial sector or the Defense. Their advantages: solidity, rotating part
- Traction mat or recovery track : they are used to get light and heavy vehicles out of the mud. Their advantages: compactness and ultra-resistance. They are used by the French forces.
- Helipad : mobile and rollable landing mat for helicopters.
The main advantages of these access roads:
- More compact and light: for example a complete Helipad* is delivered in a box of only about 5m3 making a total weight of about 1000Kg.
- 100% waterproof against mud and sand
- Anti-slip and anti-abrasion rubber surface.
- Really easier to clean and remove from muddy or swampy ground
- More puncture resistant than plastic mats
- Customizable (color, size, marking...)
An access road is very useful in case of an emergency situation. Military aircraft pilots use landing mat to land in better conditions and thus avoid major damage. When goods from a military ship have to be transferred from sea to land or vice versa, a temporary access road is used to stabilise the vehicles with these goods.Really useful!
During missions in the desert, sand or mud, soldiers need a maintenance mat. This prevents damage to vehicle parts. there are traction mat or recovery tracks.
A temporary access road is used to maintain a stable floor when crossing a vehicle, for example, or when crossing pedestrians with reduced mobility.
Musthane designs repairable access mats for a longer life. Moreover, it's easy to use!
For more information or to request a quote, contact Musthane.