Why use inflatable seals?
We design and manufacture custom inflatable seals.
Their purpose is varied:
- To ensure a seal between two cylindrical surfaces.
- To center a tube in relation to another tube
- Handling a cylinder
- Position a tool in a tube
- Lifting a load
Our inflatable seals can be inflated towards the outside or the inside.
Their major advantage is their small size when empty (less than 30mm) and their ability to expand.
They offer particularly appreciated advantages, such as for example
- Metallurgy, building and public works: part handling, formwork core
- Oil industry: lifting platforms,
- Remediation: positioning of cutting tools in pipes, joint leakage test
- All industries: Secure high pressure plugs in large diameters
We manufacture inflatable seals to measure according to your specifications:
- Available location
- Desired pressure
- Chemical or temperature constraints
- Alimentary contacts
Their custom-made realization makes it a specific solution, perfectly adaptable to :
- your environment
- your need.
At rest, the air jack has a flat shape with a small thickness (<30mm). As soon as it is inflated, it takes the quasi-circular shape of an inner tube.
Case of use of inflatable seals
- Sealing for vidbag filling
- Packer for leak testing of pipes
- Holding a platform at sea before grouting
- Sheet metal centering
- Sealing between 2 tubes
- Outfall obturation of ø 2.4m
Technical characteristics of inflatable seals
We choose the raw material according to the required technical constraints:
- Reinforced or non-reinforced rubber according to the pressures.
- Food grade materials or not
- Fire rated or not
We position the inflation accessories at the desired location, either on the inside or outside.
According to the models, pressures and strokes, they inflate with air, water etc…
The diameters of our joints range from 100mm to several meters.
Our engineering team is at your disposal to accompany you in your projects:
– definition of the need
– manufacturing of small and medium series
Advantages of inflatable seals
- Low space requirement when empty
- Homogeneous thrust
- Large stroke
- Made to measure
- No maintenance
FRENCH DESIGN AND MANUFACTURING
You have a project or a problem to solve ? Fill out our contact form to send us your request. Our team of experts will get back to you as soon as possible.