Forward area refueling equipment (FARE 400)
Musthane offers a versatile solution for refueling in forward areas. This solution enables to have a mobile forward area refueling unit with a total capacity of 2000 USG thanks to 4 (four) fuel bladders of 500 USG. Our Air Portable Fuel Containers (APFC) can be also towed behind a vehicle or dropped from a height of 4 meters.
The APFCs can be connected together and refuel aircrafts at a nominal rate of 400 lpm.
Main features of the FARE:
- Maximum filtered flow rate: 100 US GPM (approx. 400 lpm)
- Total weight of the FARE: approx. 1700 Kg (with 4 units of 500 USG drums)
- Overall dimensions: approx. 4400mm x 2150mm x 1300mm
- Filtration : API EI 1583 or 1581 latest edition (on request)
- Total aviation fuel storage capacity : 1000 USG (approx.. 3800 liters)
- Modularity: this system can be combined with other modules (larger bladders, other type of fuel transfer pump (200 lpm to 1600 lpm, trailers…)
Composition of the FARE:
- Four (4) Airworthy, Rollable, helitransportable and droppable 500 USG drums:
- Color BLACK
- diameter : 135 cm
- length : 165 cm
- Capacity : 500 US G
- Working pressure: min. 0,3 bar to max 3 bar.
- One fuel distribution set on independent painted chassis with a positive displacement pump (100 US GPM)
- One filter separator set on independent painted chassis with a positive displacement pump (100 US GPM)
- Fuel hoses compliant to API 1529 C: 2 of 5m, one of 15m and one of 10m
- Nozzles :
- Under Wing Refuelling Nozzle
- Closed Circuit Refuelling Nozzle
- Gravity Filling Adapter
- Two points distribution or suction manifold
- Two Fire extinguishers 9 Kg each
- One towing bar
- One lifting sling set
- Five storage and transport crates (approx.. size each : 1500 x 2150 x 650)
Forward Area Refueling Equipments (FARE) provide the following benefits:
- Ideal in case of advanced area refueling for helicopters.
- Integrated system designed for a transport in helicopters of type MI-17 or of equivalent types.
- Forward area refueling equipment which can be used with other storage tanks.
- Refuelling can be done by the dropping of full flexible tanks on the zone.
- A complete set designed for transport in a military cargo aircraft (type C130)
- Distribution area of aviation fuel for distant bases
- Capacity to store flexible fuel
- This set can be used with other means of storage or aviation fuel distribution.