Water load test bags operations Manual WTB Type
Safety rules for water load test bagsThe information provided below provides the user with the necessary information for the use of water load test bags type MSWTB. Please read these instructions before use WARNING Before and during each use, it is essential to observe the following points:
- Check that the outer skin of the water test bag shows no signs of cuts, abrasions, or cracks. If in doubt please contact Musthane
- Check that each sling does not show any cuts, abrasions, tears or abnormal wear. If in doubt please contact Musthane.
- Ensure that there are never any personnel under the load for the duration of the test.
- Never step or ride on the water load test bag and Never drag the water load test bag on the ground
- Never exceed the rated capacity of the water load test bag.
- Always use a load monitoring device (dynamometer, volume meter, etc.) to monitor the load in the water load test bag.
- Fill the water load test bag with water only.
- Check the climatic conditions so as not to exceed a wind speed of 30 km/h for the duration of the test.
- Ensure that all the slings of the water load test bag are fixed in a single shackle. Failure to comply with this point may lead to tearing of the sleeves of the pocket.
- Never put the bag on the ground if it is not completely empty.
- Do not use the fill line for system handling.
- Do not use the system outside of the purpose for which it was designed.
- Respect the regulations and the wearing of PPE. (Helmet, gloves and safety shoes)
USE OF THE WATER TEST BAG
- Unfold the water test bag on a clean ground (ground sheet, cardboard, …)
- Connect the hose to the water test bag taking care to close the valve. The length of the hose must be sufficient to allow the operator to manipulate the valve without endangering himself.
- Fix all the slings of the water load test bag in a shackle suitable for its maximum capacity.
- Connect the water load test bag with the shackle to the structure you want to test
- Fill the water load test bag to the necessary weight without exceeding the maximum capacity.
- As soon as the test is finished, completely empty the bag by opening the valve of the hose. The hose can easily be extended to allow water to be discharged away from the test bag.
- When the test bag is empty, you can remove the test bag from the structure.
- Put back the water test bag on the clean ground (ground sheet, cardboard, …)
- Clean the weight pocket with warm soapy water. (never use chemicals, metal brush or high pressure washing)
- Rinse and let the bag dry.
- Fold up and store the weight bag in a suitable environment.
How to store & maintain water TEST BAGSThe shelf life will be optimal under the following storage and maintenance conditions:
- Protect the test bag from extreme climatic conditions, aggressive vapours, ozone, and rodents.
- Store the test bag between 10°C and 30°C with a degree of humidity between 40% and 70%.
- Protect test bag from sunlight, UV, or strong artificial light.
- Clean the test bag after each use with warm soapy water. (never use chemicals, metal brush or high pressure washing)