Gel based passive shock absorbers
Mustshock® is the Musthane trademark that offers protective systems against shocks and vibrations involving gel-based composites.
Mustshock® passive shock absorbers quite efficiently protect on-board electronic devices. Musthane has a vibrator used to simulate test situations for shock absorbers developed. These tests are conducted on the basis of a composite selected from our data base including more than 800 different formulations and combinations.
Some applications for gel passive shock absorbers:
- Ejectable seat tests
- Protecting equipment during parachuting and air-drops.
- Parachute rating.
- Low frequency mechanical protection.
- Sound barrier
- Thermal insulation
- Electrical insulation
- Protecting fragile equipment
- Protecting human lives.
- Shock proofing.
Mustshock® passive shock absorbers provide the following advantages:
- Reduction in costs and higher life expectancy of equipment.
- Life expectancy of over 15 years.
- No maintenance required
- Absorbs shocks up to 500 g in 6 ms.
- Low frequency passive filters.
- Frequency of cutting from a few Hz to 50 Hz.
- Quality factor between 2 and 3.
- Custom made